3 Tips for Diet-Haters

I hate diets. I don't believe in them. But I believe in good habits and healthy choices. Here are three tips for those who hate diets and want to change their relationship with food: 

  1. Pareto’s 80/20 principle can be applied for healthy eating. As long as 80% of your diet consists of nutrient-dense food, the remaining 20% can be reserved for small indulgences. For those trying to lose weight, use a 90/10 approach.

  2. Throw out the “three meals a day” rule. Listen to your body. Feed yourself whenever your body is telling you to eat. Everyone is different. You may not be hungry when you first wake up or you may be ravished. Eat accordingly. You may like planning three meals a day or you may need five to six small meals to keep your energy levels consistent. Whatever it may be, figure out what works best for your body. Increase your hunger sensitivity and make wise choices. Avoid mindless snacking or eating out of boredom.

  3. See eating as an opportunity to nourish your body. You only have one. Treat it with respect. Eating a varied, balanced, plant-based diet Is the best thing you can do for your body, as well as your mind.

For help with mindful eating, contact danielle@thetrianglesessions.com. We'll develop a plan that work for YOU.